Skip to content

Did you receive an Audit Verification Letter from the Credit Union?

Rowles & Company LLP, the credit union’s external auditors, is sending out their annual verification letters.  The account verifications are as of November 30, 2018. This is a routine annual audit as required by federal law.  Please follow the instructions on the letter(s) and mail your response, if needed, to directly to Rowles & Company LLC, 8100 Sandpiper Circle, Suite 308, Baltimore, MD.  21236.

Chessie FCU will not call, text or email you to verify your account information. Please do not give out your account or card information to anyone that contacts you unless you initiated the call. Any questions or concerns please contact us at 800-437-1057 or email at [email protected]

Overdraft Privilege (Courtesy Pay Users)

Overdraft Privilege Extended Coverage Federal Regulation requirement.

Members who want to continue authorizing Chessie FCU to pay overdrafts on your ATM and everyday DEBIT CARD transactions must choose to have Extended Coverage. A new Federal Regulation requires that you personally choose Extended Coverage for these transactions. If you currently use Overdraft Privilege and you want Chessie to pay your ATM and everyday DEBIT CARD transactions please choose Extended Coverage now. The Federal Regulation went into effect on August 15, 2010. If you choose to have Standard Coverage, Chessie will no longer authorize and pay overdrafts for ATM and everyday DEBIT CARD transactions. Your checks and other transactions made using your checking number and automatic bill payments will still be paid. If you have any questions about the regulation, please contact us at 301-777-1781*1-800-437-1057 or a branch location. 


Federal law now requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a new account. When you open an account, we will need your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We will also need a non-expired government issued photo ID and one of the following alternate ID’s which includes a current physical address. 

Alternate ID:

  • State Driver’s License with previous residence
  • State ID card less than 6 months old
  • Utility Bill
  • Current Payroll Stub
  • Union ID Card
  • Local Company Employee Photo ID
  • Valid Passport
  • School Photo ID
  • Out of State ID Card
  • Non-Photo Credit Card
  • Club Membership Card
  • Bank Photo Check Cashing Card
  • Local Photo Credit Card 

At times, identification will be requested for current account holders if original documentation was not obtained with the opening of the account.